Let’s not overthink it. Let’s get drawing.

I gathered some copyright free natural photos from Unsplash, a website providing photos that can be downloaded and used for free in commercial and non-commercial purposes without permission (but check out the posts credits for attributions). These photographs inspired some digital art. If you would like to make something inspired by this collection of pictures please do, and please share! I love love love seeing how different perspectives and styles influence art.

Because I have been spending so much time inside, I was inspired to immerse myself into drawing a funky outdoor cave/jungle landscape. I stayed briefly in Indonesia and fell in love with the landscapes. These drawings bring me back to that place. Drawing on paper or digitally has the ability to take me on a journey. The more often I draw the more vivid these journeys are. I am thankful to have picked up the digital pen once again.

I hope this blog post can be a reminder to myself that when I make inspired art in my range of ability the process becomes more important than the resulting art.

Remember to try and stay positive (I know it can be a real struggle), do things that make you feel good (even if that thing is a piece of cake), and stay hydrated (water water water)!

Photos by  Vlad Hilitanu, Daniel Radford, Devin Kaselnak,Yoal Desurmont, & Grant Durr  on Unsplash, gif by @buttersquibs on Giphy